“Do I need to hire a tax lawyer?” If you live or work in Columbia SC, that’s a question you may face at some point or another. The answer may depend on the type of IRS tax problem you are up against. Making the right call is crucial; fines, penalties and even imprisonment may result if you make the wrong call.
Depending on your individual income tax situation, there are many questions you should consider, any of which may require the services of a skilled tax lawyer.
You may be reacting to some Internal Revenue Service action:
- Have you failed to file federal income tax returns?
- Are you currently under investigation by the IRS?
- How much does the Internal Revenue Service say you owe them? Is it over $10,000?
- Has the IRS made a judgement against you that you disagree with?
- Are you planning to sue the Internal Revenue Service?
Or, maybe you are taking some proactive steps to address your income tax situation:
- Are you preparing your estate plan, or attempting to file your estate taxes?
- Are you attempting to structure taxes for a new business?
- Are you doing business overseas and are unsure of your tax code obligations?
- Are you up to speed on all the various tax law changes?
These are just a few questions you may be pondering. Whatever your situation, proactive or reactive, your tax lawyer understands federal income tax law, can help answer your tax questions and also find their resolutions.
A Skilled Tax Lawyer Offers Peace of Mind in Any IRS Tax Situation
But, a tax lawyer is just for the SERIOUS cases, right? Not necessarily. If you are disputing an IRS action, large or small,do you know who to contact at the IRS? Do you know how to properly phrase your argument? Do you feel like nobody is listening to you or returning your calls? Did you know that he clock is ticking? There is often a time limit for contesting an IRS action. So, even when the stakes do not seem extremely high, tax lawyers can help guide you though the process more quickly and efficiently.
Contact IRS Away Today
If you live and work in Columbia SC and are experiencing IRS tax problems, help is nearby. The tax lawyers of IRS Away offer free consultations and peace of mind. Rest assured that your IRS tax problems are being dealt with effectively and professionally. Contact tax lawyer Joseph M. Arndt III at (803) 771-4037 for a free consultation.